10 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING
Pause & Reflect
The psalmist in his meditation on loneliness states “God places the lonely in families”. Family was a part of God’s original mandate for humanity and created beings. We are told that everything was made in kind and commanded to reproduce in kind. Jesus said a good tree will bear good fruits and a bad tree will bear bad fruits. If families are the bedrock of any society then we know the state of the family will have huge bearings on that community. The theologian Charles Spurgeon said “Train up a child in the way they should go – but be sure you go that way yourself”. God created families to enrich society and we need to make love the bedrock of our households if we want a loving household and communities.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- For God’s protection on households within our church and wider Christian community.
- For the Spirit of love to consume individuals within our church households
- For wisdom for parents and carers as they nurture and run households
- For God’s Good Grace to be the fragrance of households in our community
- For the life of Jesus in homes in our churches and for that life to spread into households in our towns and cities across the nation
We will meet every evening 6-7pm at the ElimCentre to worship and pray together.
Would be great to see as many of us there as possible