10 DAYS OF PRAYER & FASTING
God's Plans for You
Pause & Reflect
A job is a vocation only if someone else calls you to do it for them rather than for yourself. And so our work can be a calling only if it remains as a mission of service beyond merely our own interests. Thinking of work mainly as a means of self-fulfilment and self-realisation slowly crushes a person.
One of God’s amazing gifts to human beings is freedom of choice. Our ability to choose freely is amazing, yet we know that our choices also come with consequences. God has created us to either follow his plans for our lives or do our own thing. Trying to work out what God’s plan for our specific lives can be challenging but Jesus made it simple. He said the most important command is to love God wholeheartedly and to love others like we love ourselves. This means whatever we do should be for the glory of God and expressed in love for God and others.
Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son.
Ephesians 1:4-6 NLT
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT
- That the church will turn its eyes on Jesus and seek his glory
- That our desire to glorify God and love others will provide clarity of service where God has placed us.
- That God’s Holy Spirit will confirm with our spirit that we are first and foremost adopted children of the most high God before any thoughts of service
- That God will open our eyes to see his calling, hear his heart for us and give us the courage to live in obedience to that revelation
- Over all your plans and desires for the year, entrust them to God and let Him guide you.
ELIM NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
No Prayer Meeting on Sunday evening at elim centre, we are joining elim national prayer online,