PRAYER & FASTING
But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins. He was beaten so we could be whole. He was whipped so we could be healed. Isaiah 53:5 NLT
How can we be made right with God
At the end of the creation story we are told that God saw everything he had made and he declared it to be good. Sadly there are so many things we see in our world today and we can definitely say they are not good. Whilst our world has advanced in science and technology and medical science have enabled us to live better lives than previous generations yet so many people still live unfulfilled lives with a sense that there must be more to life than this.
When Jesus walked the earth he told those around him and still says to us today “come to me all who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest”. Jesus promised life and life abundantly and that promise is still available to all people today and in our prayers today we want to pray for God’s continued blessing of health and wellbeing.
6am-9am Session One
BE HEALED SPIRITUALLY
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. Romans 12:1-2 NLT
We want to start our prayer journey by re-dedicating ourselves to God and by giving up ourselves for service to him. Doing the right thing first is vital for our wellbeing.
Let us pray that in this session…
- That God will empower us afresh as we offer ourselves as a living sacrifice to him.
- That we will experience transformation in our thinking as we submit ourselves to God
- That the community God has placed around you will encounter Jesus and be transformed by his love and grace
This is truly the way to worship him (Let us ponder this words, think about them and ask the Holy Spirit to make this truth clear to you.
9am – 12 noon Session Two
BE HEALED EMOTIONALLY
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.
Proverbs 17:22 NLT
The joy of the Lord is our strength and we need to understand that joy is different from happiness which needs some good to be happening to make us happy. Joy is a state of mind and purpose, Joy is when we are determined to look, listen, and learn from God irrespective of what is happening.
Let us pray that in this session
- That God will overwhelm us with his joy and we’ll discover his strength for life as we engage with him.
- That God will teach us to live a life of joy
- That God will give wisdom to his church to be joy agents wherever they find themselves and through them others will encounter and experience joy
A broken spirit saps a person strength (Think through the truth of this statement and
12 noon – 3pm Session Three
BE HEALED MENTALLY
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.2 Timothy 1:7 NLT
EvWhen we ignore or forget what God has given us, we end up buying into things that are not God’s purpose for our lives. It takes courage to receive God’s correction that leads to a mental well being. So in this session we want to pray that…
- The spirit that causes fear within our communities will be stopped, hindered and expose
- God will illuminate our spirit, soul and body to know and use the gifts he has given to us the church so we can be a blessing.
- God will bring healing to our minds as the church, the wider community and our nation and God will release again the spirit of love, power and self-discipline.
For God has not given us the spirit of fear and timidity (Do you believe this statement, if yes reflect on it and see how it has shaped your actions)
3 – 6pm Session Four
BE HEALED PHYSICALLY
Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.
Physical illness can sometimes be symptomatic of something not right spiritually, emotionally or mentally. That is one of the reasons we celebrate Jesus and the abundant life he promised to those who believe. In Jesus we experience healing.
So in this session we want to pray…
- For a touch of heaven for family, friends and our community to experience Jesus healing power
- Physical breakthrough for all those in our church community who are struggling physically.
- For a season of divine healing that leads to salvation to fall upon our communities
And by his stripes we are healed God…(what does that text mean to you personally
Join us at the elim centre for our AGM and prayer meeting 7pm