PRAYER & FASTING
In this session of our prayer we want to pray through key Christian characteristics that will enable us to live inspiring lives that bring glory to God. God is the embodiment of inspiration, the very world God created is full of inspiration. My prayer is that God will guide us to live inspired lives as we seek to do his will.
1.Inspired to DIE2SELF
My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
God loves us too much to indulge our every whim. –Max Lucado
We want to start our prayer journey by realigning ourselves with a foundational truth for followers of Jesus Christ. Paul said ‘my old life has been crucified with Christ’. At the heart of the Christian faith is the cross and followers of Jesus are people of the cross. So in this session pray that God will
- Realign your lives with this truth
- Rekindle love for Jesus in your lives
- Give you the wisdom to let Jesus live through you as you die to self
“…who loved me and gave himself for me”: This implies that Jesus loves me and willingly gave his life out of love for me. Take time to think through what it means to be loved – we are told love is patient, kind, keeps no record of wrong, always hopes and it never fails. That is how we are loved by Jesus. Do you know this truth in a personal way and how does it shape your life?.
2.Inspired to BELIEVE
“And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” Hebrew 11:6
“True faith means holding nothing back. It means putting every hope in God’s fidelity to His Promises.”
We want to continue our prayers by acknowledging that God loves it when we trust him and hold nothing back. To trust God is to have no backup plan that states quietly in our heart ‘if God doesn’t come through I will do this’. We believe God is worth putting all our eggs in one basket for. So in this session pray that God will…
- Re-energise your faith in him and shift your focus from what you can do to what He can do
- Come through for you in those things you are wanting him to do in our nation, church, family and friends lives – take time to remind God of them.
- Stretch your faith and help you take bold steps in your personal walk with Him
“Rewards those who sincerely seek him: This implies that we have a God who rewards us when we pursue him earnestly and sincerely. Take time to think through the action of seeking something, the intensity and effort it requires and apply that this week to your interaction with God. Then wait to see what God does.
3. Inspired to SERVE
“For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45
Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?– Martin Luther King, Jr.
We want to journey ahead in our prayers by exploring God’s serving heart towards human beings. When you look at our world, everything that exists is for the benefit of earthly creatures rather than heaven. God created a world that serves us and when Jesus came into the world he said ‘I am among you as one who serves’ So in this session pray that God will
- Deliver his church from a selfish mindset and rekindle a servant heart within the body of Christ
- Deliver our nation from the selfish spirit that wants to steal, kill and destroy lives
- Begin a servants heart revival that reveals Jesus, starting with his church and then flowing out into our nation
“For even the son of man came: This implies that Jesus at one point resided on this very earth we call home. God through Jesus knows exactly how we feel and what it is to be human. Jesus is not asking of us what he hasn’t done. Take time to think of how you can serve like Jesus did and do something for another person for the glory of his name
4. Inspired to REACHOUT
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19
Do you have no wish for others to be saved? Then you’re not saved yourself, be sure of that!” ― Charles Spurgeon
We want to conclude our prayer journey by focusing on the amazing mission that God has placed in our care and which we have been given the title of ambassador of Christ and our mission is a ministry of reconciliation. God loves our world and that is why Jesus came with a rescue mission. So in this session pray that….
- God will start, rekindle, reignite our love for him and others so our heart is inspired to reach out through love.
- God will make us brave to naturally make Jesus a part of our lives story as we engage with other
- God will inspire us to use Alpha and other means as a way of helping people hear the Good News of Jesus.
- God will make this autumn a season of opportunity to engage and share Jesus with those in our lives – pray for the supernatural to be made natural during this season for our church community
“Therefore ‘GO’:: This implies that God wants us to take the initiative and move and do something and not be static in our mission to share Jesus with others. Take time to meditate on how the Holy Spirit wants to seamlessly move through you and celebrate that.
7pm – 8pm
Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. Matthew 16:18
Worship and prayer time and reflecting on the day and hearing what God wants to say to us and praying for Jesus the church builder to speak to us and help us be partakers in His building work.