PRAYER and FASTING DAY
I have seen your salvation which you have prepared for all people.
He is a light to reveal God to the nations, and he is the glory of your people Israel!”
The bible paints a picture of one day there would be a gathering of heaven and earth and millions of people will join together in declaring with a great roar “Salvation comes from our God who sits on the throne and from the Lamb!”
Salvation is the heart of the church’s mission
The longing and desire to see people encounter God, know him, love him and receive the gift of forgiveness and life is what is at the heart of every Christian mission done in the name of Jesus Christ and for Jesus.
We know through scripture that God doesn’t want people to perish and he wants to partner with us to fulfil his ministry of reconciling people back to himself. The bible tells us that God has committed the ministry of reconciliation into our hands and made us ambassadors of his kingdom.
So, today as we wait on God and pray, we are going to be thanking God for what he has done by sending Jesus into our world as the means of salvation and then we are asking God to extend the gift of salvation to family, friends and the wider community over this Christmas season.
6am - 9am
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth… John 16:13
“A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.” ― William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
In this session we want to thank God for the gift of the Holy Spirit and the journey into truth that the Holy Spirit initiates in our lives. So let us start our prayer and fasting day by
- Asking for more of the presence of Holy Spirit in our lives and in the world
- Confessing our need for the Holy Spirit
- Thanking Jesus for the baptism of the Holy Spirit
9am - 12 noon
I have seen your salvation which you have prepared for all people – Luke 2:30
“You have one business on earth – to save souls.” ― John Wesley
In this session we want to acknowledge God’s heart and love for humanity by taking the initiative to provide salvation for all people. So let us pray that…
- What shrouds salvation in our communities will be lifted
- The eyes of loved ones will be open to see God’s salvation
- The activities of darkness would be pushed back so salvation will be seen
12 noon - 3pm
He is a light to reveal God to the nations, Luke 2:31
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” Martin Luther King Jr., A Testament of Hope
In this session we want to recognise God’s activity on earth and how that has an impact on lives. God’s light is piercing the darkness and we want to be a part of God’s team doing that. So in this session let us pray
- For the nation of the children we sponsor with Compassion UK pray that God’s light will pierce the darkness in that nation
- That God’s light will shine in places of power within our nation here in the UK
- Those areas of our world where the gospel is restricted that God’s light will pierce those nations during this Christmas season
3pm - 6pm
“…we become what we worship (Psalm 115:8). When we set our gaze on the Almighty, we change into the likeness of the One who has captivated our souls. And we reflect His glory.” ― Louie Giglio
In this session we want to pray for God’s glory over our lives and the body of Christ in Worthing and surrounding areas. church community. We want to play an active role in what God is doing and will do in our wider community and make ourselves available to God. We want everyone associated with elimworthing to flourish and as others join us for them to experience God’s glory and display it to others. Let us pray
- That like John the baptist we would decrease and God presences and desires will increase in our lives
- The body of Christ in our community will be united in worship and mission to the glory of God
- Individual followers of Jesus will reflect God’s glory and that will spread into homes, offices, colleges and schools and those who don;t know Jesus will experience his glory.
Join us for prayer meeting at the elim centre from 7pm – 8pm