Whatsapp Group Do’s and Dont’s
Respecting the purpose and objective of group
The flourish WhatsApp group is another way of connecting with each other and to keep up to date with the life of the church. Share bible verses, insight on Sunday teachings and pray for each other. Also ask for practical needs that our church family can help with.”
We have put together some Do’s and Don’ts which we will be sharing over the next few weeks. We have also put the details on our website so you can refer to it anytime using the link below.
- Don’t use the group just to send memes, videos, pictures and news, without reading and reacting to the content shared by others. The purpose of WhatsApp groups is to establish collective conversations with others, but when you only place content, but never read or interact, the existence of such groups loses their purpose. No one likes monologues.
- Never send content, information or “news” that HASN’T been verified. Placing content whose authenticity has not been definitively proven can be VERY dangerous and harm many people. The internet is infested with lies and it’s better to put a stop to them than to be guilty of spreading them.
- If you feel uncomfortable in the group for any reason, please let us know. The administrators are the office staff, Andrew, Ermias and Kim.
- Before sending a video, picture, meme or any content, analyze if such material will be in the interest of the majority of the members of the group.
- Unless for the purpose of prayer please avoid talking about politics. Avoid unnecessary debates.
- When replying to a specific comment from a person, use the “reply” function to make sense of your comment and avoid confusion.
- When noticing that you’re having a dialogue with a single member of the group, consider changing the conversation to direct message,because the rest of the group may not be interested in reading your conversation with another person.
- Keep in mind that your words can be interpreted in multiple ways, so use short sentences that can’t be misinterpreted.
- Don’t abuse emojis. There are some like this 😂 or 😭 that don’t require explanation, but others like this 😬 or 🤤 can be interpreted in different ways and generate confusion.
- Avoid sending videos or files that are very large, since nobody likes to saturate the memory of their smartphone or waste their data/internet plan.